Atkins Diet plan is one of the most rigorously followed diet plans around the world especially when it comes to losing weight. It is a complete mantra for not only losing the extra weight but also maintaining that condition. If you are not familiar with what Atkins Diet actually is, let me tell you that it is a complete diet plan requiring the follower to take low carb foods prescribed by Dr. Robert Atkins, the creator of this diet plan. Not only does this revolutionary diet plan help you to fight obesity but it is also effective against diabetes, hypertension, cardiac disorders, and other related malfunctions. Before I tell you about some useful tips for the Atkins diet, let us have a short introduction to the Atkins diet and its various phases.
What is so Special about Atkins Diet?
The best thing about Atkins’s diet is that though you are on a diet it doesn’t feel like so. You don’t have to starve for losing weight, nor would you have to bear hunger pangs. It helps you to lose weight in a healthy way. The basic theme of Atkins’s diet is to cut down the consumption of carbohydrates and fats so that it helps in ridding you of obesity.
So it is a plan which keeps you away from hunger pangs while restricting extra carbohydrates at the same time. This diet makes you eat the right food in the right quantity and that is it. With its help, you can achieve ideal body weight without having to starve.
Atkins Diet Plan
The whole diet plan has been divided into four phases by Dr. Atkins, with a specific list of food items to be taken in each phase in the prescribed quantity. These items are primarily those which are low in carbohydrates. Given below is an overview of each phase;
Induction Phase (phase 1)
This initial phase demands you to restrict your diet to a carb intake of 20g out of which, 15g are to be taken from vegetables alone. Moreover, meat and fish are included in the list of allowed food items. The foods which contain omega 3, and peanuts, fatty acids-rich food, mayonnaise, etc are prescribed for this phase.
Ongoing Weight Loss Phase (phase 2)
The carb content in this phase gradually increases and the permitted food items now also include salads, fruits, and beans besides vegetables in the prescribed quantity.
At this stage, the carbohydrate consumption should be 10g per day. The permitted food items to be included in this phase are carrots, beetroot, beans, and parsnips.
At this final stage, you are required to continue the combinations of food as prescribed for the previous phase. You would become well aware by this stage that what food items suit you and help you the most in weight loss.
Atkins Diet Tips
Given below are some useful Atkins diet tips which would make the diet plan successful for you and help you to lose weight;
* Eat until you feel that you aren’t hungry anymore. Eat the prescribed things only in the prescribed amount.
* While consuming cheese, make sure that you don’t use it too much or you will end up having constipation.
* One of the most important Atkins diet tips is to include vegetables and fruits in your diet to provide your body with not only a low-carb food but also the required fiber needed for smooth digestion.
* Make sure that you keep yourself hydrated. Drink a lot of water between meals to free you from the feeling of having an empty stomach. It will also help in flushing out the toxins.
* Foods containing artificial sweeteners and sugar are to be strictly avoided. Desserts can be taken in moderate quantities.
* Protein-rich foods, like eggs, lean meat, and fish should be included in your diet, however, do not use too many fats when preparing eggs. Poached eggs can be a better option. Moreover, avoiding yolks and only taking egg whites is even better. Eggs are also the recommended food in the Pregnancy Meal Plan.
* Make a habit of regular exercise. It would make the benefits two-fold for you. Moreover, follow a strict routine while talking about sleep time. Go to bed early and rise early in the morning. You must also follow a schedule for taking meals. Always try to take meals in time.
* Stay away from stress as much as possible. With stress mounting always on your head, all other Atkins Diet tips are a total waste and won’t do any good to you.
*Instead of eating to the fullest, try to eat wisely. Make your choices wisely and stop eating when you do not feel hungry anymore.
* Above all Atkins diet tips, keep your motivation level always high. Stay hopeful and keep moving towards your goal with determination. This is the most important tip.
With these Atkins Diet tips, you would be in a better position to reap maximum benefits from this revolutionary diet plan.