Quick weaves look just like wigs and traditional sew-in weaves. They are great for creating a variety of looks without needing to alter your natural hair or take a lot of time.
Quick weaves have a bad reputation for some. There are many horror stories about hair damage caused by the installation and removal of quick weaves. If done correctly, quick weaves can give you vivacious and glamorous hair in no time.
It is becoming a popular trend to get glamorous hair in a shorter time. This is a cheaper and faster alternative to the traditional sew-in weave.
What is a quick weave, you ask? What makes a quick weave different from regular sewing-in weaves? Is it worth the effort? How does it get installed? What are its pros and cons? Which weave hair extensions should you use? How long does a quick weave last? Do you want to know more about quick weaves? Continue reading.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is a Quick weave?
- 2 Pros and Cons Of Wearing A Quick Weave
- 3 How to Install a Quick Weave
- 4 How To Create A Quick Weave Wig
- 5 Quick weave Hairstyles
What is a Quick weave?
A quick weave is a type of artificial hair integration in which the hair extension is glued to the wig cap before being attached to your head. This is a full-head weaving technique that makes it easy to change your hairstyle without having to cut or connect your real hair. Precisely because the hairs are glued directly to the protective woven cap, setting up a quick weave takes only about an hour and a half to two hours.
There are many quick weave hairstyles such as half up half down quick weave, quick weave leave out, quick weave bob, or quick weave with closure, etc.
Quick weaves last on average one month and usually last for between 4 to 5 weeks. If you want a weave that can last longer, you can check out sews-in weaves. Of course, sew-ins last longer than quick weaves, but it takes longer to install and cost much more. With proper care, you can keep a sew-in weave lasting up to two months.
Pros and Cons Of Wearing A Quick Weave
If you need to change your hairstyle in a short time, at a low cost, a quick weave is an optimal choice. There are many reasons why quick weave is becoming more and more popular and is the choice for women. Of course, any type of hair extension has its advantages and disadvantages. Let’s take a look at the advantages and disadvantages of quick weaves below.
Pros of Quick Weaves
Quick weaves are becoming more and more popular because of the following outstanding advantages:
- The cost is affordable for many people.
- Fast installation time, only about 1-2 hours.
- Easy to remove.
- Easy maintenance.
- Less stress on your natural hair as well as your scalp.
Cons of Quick Weaves
Although quite popular, the quick weave is not without its drawbacks. This hair installation process may cause some unwanted side effects. Of course, this is not all bad, and it also depends on many factors such as the quality of the hair extensions, the quality of the glue as well as the qualifications of the person doing it.
Here are four common downsides to wearing quick weaves:
- The life of the quick weave is quite short. The quick weave has a shorter lifespan than the traditional sew-in. Therefore it will also be quite expensive if you change your hairstyle with a quick weave continuously
- Can be damaging to your hairline, scalp, and hair if hair glue comes into contact with your natural hair or hairline during the installation process.
- May cause hair loss or damage to your hair if the quick weave cap you wear is too tight or creates tension on your scalp or hairline.
- Hair used for quick weaves is more likely to shed.
How to Install a Quick Weave
Here are the materials needed to be able to wear a quick weave:
- Weave extensions, synthetic or human
- Hair glue
- Protective wig cap (either your natural hair color or the color of hair wefts).
- Blow-dryer (optional)
- Molding gel (optional)
Quick Step-by-Step Instructions
Braide natural hair. You can leave a part of the center or side out if you prefer. You don’t have to get the cornrows or plaits perfect.
Are you uncomfortable with braiding? Instead, use molding gel to smoothen and wrap your hair.
Cover your hair with a protective cap.
Tip: Use a concealer pencil or lip to outline any part you want onto the weave cap. This will ensure that you don’t glue a track too close or in the same area as your leave-out.
Apply glue to hair wefts starting at the back of your head and working up to the front. Wefts can be cut by measuring from left to right the area you wish to place the weft.
After the weft has been bonded to its wig cap, blow dry each one or dry it in the air. If you’re leaving hair out to create a side or center part, trim the protective cap around your part. Follow your lipline or pencil outline. To outline your part, glue the weft in a U-shape.
Style and cut extensions
You can find many YouTube videos and tutorials that show how to install a simple weave at home. These videos will help you get started.
How To Create A Quick Weave Wig
Materials To Create Quick Weave Wigs
- Hair Bundles;
- Hair bonding glue;
- Protective wig cap (either the color of your natural hair or hair bundles);
- Wig clips;
- Nylon thread.
How to do a Quick Weave Wigs
- Step 1: Measure your hair bundles using a wig cap. Measure your hair and cut it using a wig cap.
- Step 2: After you have measured and cut your hair bundles, you will apply the weave bonding glue. Allow it to dry for 5 to 7 seconds, depending on how tacky you want.
- Step 3: Grab the hair track and place it on top of the cap. Press the hair bundles onto the cap by applying pressure.
- Step 4: Continue with steps one through three.
- Step 5: After you reach the top of your cap, cut off any excess material. This will allow your natural hair to look natural.
- Step 6: Attach the wig clips to the wig using a needle, thread, or super glue to secure it in place.
- Step 7: You can use fine-textured straight hair bundles with a deep side part to achieve this look. The look is best if you have longer bangs, but you can use any length.
How to maintain a quick weave?
Just like natural hair, your weave needs to be cleaned about every two weeks, or weekly if you work a lot outdoors or where there is a lot of dust. Although you can get your quick weave wet, oil-based shampoos should be avoided as oils can loosen the glue and shorten the life of the quick weave.
You can reduce hair tangling by covering extensions with a silk scarf or satin blouse at night. You can keep curls in curly hair by using rollers or pins while you sleep.
How to remove the quick weave?
You can remove the quick weave using oil-based shampoos, olive oil, baby oil, dish soap, or oil designed for removing quick weaves. You can start by applying oil or an oil-based conditioner to your hair and leave it in for a while. After rinsing your hair, rinse it out.
Quick weave Hairstyles
Today, the quick weave is one of the most popular styles. It can be done in just minutes. This weave uses glue to attach the hair tracks to the cap. This cap can be removed and attached easily. It looks like a regular hair wig. This style will require you to style your hair the same as the sewn-in style.
Cute Quick Weave Styles
- Short quick weave
- Curly bob quick weave
- Quick weave with highlights of pink
Long Quick Weave
- Wavy quick weave with the side parting
- Long and straight quick weave
Quick Weave Straight Hairstyles
- Bond in a blunt cut
- Middle parting quick weave
- Sleek straight hair with two buns
Easy Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Half up half down style
- Mohawk quick weave
Black Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Short straight weave with thick bang
- Fantastic quick weave bob
- Red quick weave bob
- Layered quick weave bob
Medium Length Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Side parting quick weave
- Green wavy hairstyle
- A-line quick weave bob
- Largely curly hair
Pretty Quick Weave Hairstyle
- Straight hair half up half down
- Curly and blonde mohawks style
- Invisible part quick weave
- Inverted braid with vivacious curls
- Blonde hair with dark roots
Natural Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Black hairstyle
- Purple highlights curls
- Curly weave with an invisible parting
- Honey blonde bob weave
- Straight and wavy hair
Short Quick Weave
- 27-piece quick weave
- 28-piece quick weave
- Pixie cut quick weave
Nice Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Blonde quick weave with simple bans
- Big bang quick weave
- Grey locks quick weave
- Ombre quick weave hairstyle
Cute Quick Weaves with Bangs
- Frontal quick weave with bangs
- Banging bob quick weave
- Unique quick weave style
Cute Quick Weave Bobs
- Curly and frontal quick weave
- Quick weave short bob
Curly Quick Weave
- Ginger afro style
- Simple curly quick weave with a middle parting
- Honey blonde curls
Shoulder Length Quick Weave
- Honey blonde straight hair with bangs
- Silky straight hair with China bangs
Quick Weave Ponytail
- Easy, quick weave ponytail
- African American ponytail with a braid
- Low ponytail with curls
Two-Toned Bob Quick Weave
- Feathered bang
- Blonde and black feathered hair
Simple Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Body wave
- Braided ponytail
- Blonde quick weave
Quick Weaves Synthetic Hair
- Brown curly hair
- Synthetic blunt bob
Braided Quick Weave
- Two braids with quick weave ponytail
- Two braids crown with the quick weave hair
Braided Quick Weave Hairstyles
- Side braided quick weave with curls
- Micro braid quick weave
Red Quick Weave
- Simple red bob hair
- Straight, sleek red hair
- Short cut quick weave with curly top
- Mohawk quick weave
Quick Weave with Shaved Sides
- Light blue mohawk
To see more pictures of quick weave hairstyles, please see the hottest beautiful summer hairstyles
A quick weave will leave little or no unfinished edges. You can have almost any style you like! There are many quick hairstyles that you can choose from. A bob quick weave hairstyle is a great choice if you want a classy, yet elegant look.
A quick weave long haircut will give you this flexibility quickly and easily. People love to have shorter hair with quick weaves. A few curls can make a big difference. You can do it for any face type and you will look younger.
You can reuse quick weave and continue to use it for many years. You can do quick weave in many styles, including loose waves, jerry curls, afro quick weaving, quick weave long hair, and blonde quick weave.
This is a great option for traditional sew-ins and can be used as a protective style. Because of its simplicity and ease, a quick weave is a popular choice for many women. You can create short weave hairstyles and long hairstyles.
You can create beautiful and unique hairstyles using quick weaves. You can easily change the look of your hair with different types of hair extensions from long, short, straight, or curly, mixed with color or even highlights.